Sunday, August 23, 2009

Piano

As most of you know, Jake bought me a piano for Christmas. A very old piano. He had to wait until the weather warmed up and then he stripped it and refinished it. It has been done for awhile but since we didn't have internet when it got finished I couldn't post about it and forgot until now. Here are some pictures of the beautiful job he did. I just love it. I'm not sure how old it is but our guess is that it was made in the early 1900's. It could be around 100 years old! And it plays beautifully. The seat still needs to be recovered but I just found the fabric I wanted and will be doing that this week. (You should have seen the 4 layers of fabric we pulled off...it was like looking back in time and you could tell exactly which time period each of the previous fabric's came from.) The top is glass so that you can see the strings and everything inside. It is very unique and it makes it look so antique. I love it. I also thought I should put up some pictures of our 100% finished fire place. I put pictures up from right when it got done but now it is all decorated and everything and looks even better.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

SOOOO BEAUTIFUl!! Wow just amazing guys. You two are truly talented!