Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Just some things Kyler has said recently that I don't want to forget:

While watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates:
Show says..."Jake! Ahoy! Izy! Ahoy!...."
Kyler says..."Jake! A Boy! Izy! A Boy!..."
Show says..."Yo, Ho, Ho!"
Kyler says..."Ho, Ho, Ho!" (Ok, Santa!)


While getting some baby clothes out of storage:
"Whoa, check it out! Check out that box!
Don't know where he got that.

Me: "Kyler, take off your shoes."
Ky: "Here, mom. You do it."
Me: "No, Ky, you can do it."
Ky: "No, I too busy!"
Well, excuse me for interrupting!

Randomly throughout the day:
Wait a minute! I got a idea!!
Then I say, "Ok, what's your idea?"
And he looks at me like I'm crazy and says nothing.

The past couple months or so he has been saying, "Sa-weet!" I love it!

Today he said, "Oh, my heck."
I can't remember why. Good thing I watch my language.

I asked him how old he was and he tried to convince me he was six.
And when I tried to convince him he was only 3 he would act like I was the crazy one.

When Jake says he is a nut or something like that he is sure to tell him "No, I KyKy!"

This is one I am ashamed of but putting it down anyway.
We obviously watch too much How I Met Your Mother.
First, he finished humming the theme song while it was on.
Then, I mentioned something to Jake that Ted did.
Kyler was sure to point out, "No, that's Marshall."

Conversation he had by himself in the bathtub:
Ah! A monster
I not a monster. I a kid.
Oh, ok.

He always talks for Jaysen. Here is an example.
Here is your blinky (binky).
Tank you big brother.
You welcome.
*He even does a cute little voice for Jaysen.

At the moment we are in the : I want/need/have to do it!!
It tries our patience but that's ok. At least he likes being independent.
Of course, when we need him to do something by himself he refuses.

For some reason he thinks it's funny to grab Jaysen's hand and say "Nice ta meet you."

His pretend phone conversations are getting more realistic.
Hi, what you doing.
Oh, why?
Ok. Where you at?
No. Ok. Bye.

He likes to tell Jake and I how nice we are.
You a nice mommy/daddy.
That's one of the best.

I am happy to say his polite-ness has not only stuck around but gotten better.
Please. Tank you. You welcome. Sure. Excuse me. Bless you. Sorry. Etc.

When Jaysen is crying he will go over to him, kiss him on the head, and say, "It ok. You be ok."
And when he is happy Ky says, "He miling!"

He can't say his S's.

He talks to Nala (the dog) like we do. (Another thing I am ashamed of.)
"No, Lala! Go outside! You stink! Dumb dog! Get down!"

He is quite the entertainer. And he knows how silly he is.
"I siddy!"


2 comments:

courtney said...

these are the best!! keep recording them! i can't wait until gavin starts to talk for real!! too stinking cute!

Monica said...

So cute!