Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Other "Pet"

This is our other not-so-nice, not-so-cute, don't-want-to-pet-it-or-even-look-at-it, sorta pet. It has no name because it doesn't deserve one and no gender because I'm not getting close enough to check. This is A Hobo Spider. I say A instead of THE because just now I saw 4 in the yard. This is the only one I got on video. Scratch that...I just looked out the window and saw another one, I'm going to get in on video too.
Anyway....For those of you who have never heard of a Hobo Spider let me tell you a little bit about them, besides the fact that they are a spider....They are huge, ok maybe not like a triancula huge but still pretty big. I'd say the average size if you were to draw a circle around one would be like a quarter. They are either a brown or gray color and have a sort of stripe down their back. And the worst feature of all, in my opinion, is they have buggy eyes, or what look like eyes but really they say that hobo spiders can't see very well so they will often run towards you before they run away from you. VERY SCARY!!!
Also, it can be very bad if they bite you. They say that they only inject venem 50% of the time but I still don't want to be in that 50%. Most people have heard of Brown Recluse....Hobo Spider's bites are pretty close to that. You can get a big ugly blister like thing from it that I'd imagine hurts pretty bad and it can take anywhere from 1 month to 3 years to heal depending on how bad it is. If you want more info here is awebsite I would recommend looking at...http://hobospider.com/info/index.html.
And now the videos...

No comments: