Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nala

This is the story I wrote about my puppy. (Inspiration from Allyson-thanks!) It is intended to be a children's book with pictures so just use your imagination!

This is Nala. She is my dog. Sometimes I wonder if she is really more than that.

Sometimes she pounces on things just like a cat does. Maybe she is related to a lion!

Nala can run really fast, just like a cheetah does! And when she starts to slow down she hops like a bunny rabbit.

She always has her tongue flicking in and out like a snake. She just loves to give kisses and lick everything she sees!

Nala must think she is an elephant. When she gets a drink of water she tries to drink it through her nose. Doesn't she know she doesn't have a trunk?

When I'm watching TV Nala sits on the top of the couch with her paws on my shoulder. If I were a pirate she could be my parrot!

If Nala gets scared I pick her up and hold her like my baby. She holds on tight- just like a monkey!

Nala must have the memory of a fish. She gets so excited to play that she forgets where the ball is!

Nala thinks the grass is a tasty treat. She eats it just like a cow does!

I love when Nala gets really excited. She tries to wrinkle her nose and she snorts like a pig!

My silly puppy can't decide what she is!

Dog, Lion, Cheetah, Rabbit, Snake, Elephant, Parrot, Monkey, Fish, Cow, Pig.
Whatever anmial she chooses to be is fine with me because she will always be my Little Princess!

2 comments:

Brady and Cece Kimball Family said...

I love it and you can even be the illustartor. Kayla thinks it's cute too! I could read it to the boys, I know they would love it!

Dave said...

Alyssa, you are so inventive with your words and stories. I think you could write and illustrate children's stories. What a gift!