Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jake's Latest Masterpiece

Last month, while at Wal Mart, Jake found some really cool palm trees. They only had 3 and no one knew what they were called. The only sticker on them said "Cold Hearty Palm". Of course Jake got really excited because he loves palm trees and these sounded like they were made for Utah. (We will see come winter time!) So he bought all 3 and then realized we didn't have anything to put them in and just putting them in the ground might not be such a good idea. (In case we do have to bring them in for the winter.) Also, our pond was looking a little bare. So together we came up with the idea for planter boxes. (Jake's idea-Alyssa's drawing) Jake got right to work and they were finished in no time. Here are some pictures of my hubby hard at work:

And here is the finished product! I think our yard looks so beautiful. And as soon as we paint or do something with that white wall in the back it will be perfect!
This is an attempted picture of our whole back yard. I love our gazebo but I'm pretty sure Jake's next project will be some chairs to go under it. I just wish we had more money for him to build all the stuff he wants to. He loves working with wood and everything he does turns out beautifully. I'd say he really has a lot of talent and I am so grateful for it!

No comments: