Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just some random stuff....

I'll start out with the good...Yesterday, for lunch I decided to make crepes and Jake made orange julius. I thought it was the perfect meal and just had to take a picture to show it off. I'm not much of a cook so when something (even something as easy as crepes) turns out this good I just have to show it off.

!!!!!!!~CAUTION!!! WARNING!!! BEWARE!!!~!!!!!!!


I MUST WARN YOU THIS NEXT IMAGE IS SLIGHTLY GRAPHIC. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE THE SIGHT OF BLOOD, LOOK AWAY NOW! Ok, it's really not THAT bad...

Every Tuesday night Jake goes and plays church basket ball. Last week he came home early and I knew something was up when the first words he said after walking in the door were..."Honey, don't be mad. I'm ok." Of course I started going through possible injuries in my head; broken arm, broken leg...and if you're thinking 'but he drove home by himself, it can't be that bad' let me just remind you who drove himself home from road hockey with his roller blades still ON while missing half his mouth.
Anyway...turns out it really wasn't too bad. He got elbowed in the head and it gave him a pretty good gash. It probably should have had stitches but he wasn't in a lot of pain and didn't want to pay ER fees for a few stitches. We tried to go to Insta-Care that night, only to find out they had just closed minutes before we arrived. His mom took a look at it that night and we decided he'd be ok until morning. And as his mom added "just wrap it with an ace bandage" (the Cohoon's will get that). Funny thing is he couldn't just put a band-aid on it because of the hair so he put some gauze and wrapped it with...what else? an ace bandage. The next day he went and saw Dr. Johnson who said it would be fine. And so far I think it has healed really well. He'll have a pretty good scar but knowing Jake I don't think he'll mind one bit. And now for the glorious picture. (That really isn't that bad so don't worry)

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Okay, that looks delicious!! YUMMY!! LOve the planters and the Gazebo.....so jealous of both your talents....just AMAZING!!