Saturday, November 8, 2008

Six Random Things About Me

So, I guess I'm really bad at reading other people's bloggs on a regular basis (oops) and Emily Mason tagged me to say six random things about me. Here goes:

1) I love the show House but I can only watch half of it.
And I don't mean I watch 15 min and then turn it off, I mean half of it is really good and the other half is all blood and guts and needles which make me queasy. I have to watch it with Jake so he can tell me when to open my eyes after all the blood and gore. And the other weird thing is that the show is sooo predictable. We can't look at the clock anymore when watching it or we know exactly what will happen. I don't usually like predictable shows cuz it's like what's the point? and yet, I'm obsessed. Crazy I know.

2)I'm mad at the Library.
Some of you have already heard this story and for those of you that haven't here it is: I checked out a book from the library (duh) and I loved it. It was one of those books where you feel every emotion, happy, sad, scared, ect. After I finished it I realized that it was a series of 4 books. So I went back and got the next two. Read them, loved them. Went back for the last book and....it was no where to be found. No, it wasn't checked out. No, it wasn't in the wrong place. No, it was damaged or lost or anything else. THE LIBRARY DOESN'T EVEN OWN A COPY!!! What I would like to know is how the person who orders the books thinks its ok to order 3 books out of a series of 4???? I talked to one of the librarians who had me fill out a request paper. 6 months (give or take) later still no book, and i've asked about it every time i've gone in. I'm guessing you might have read the Twilight series? (I haven't but eventually I will) How would you feel if no one had a copy of the last book? wouldn't it just drive you NUTS!! Well, that's how I feel.

3) My new obsession is books by Madeleine L'Engle.
I never read any of her books in school and never planned on reading them. Then Jennifer convinced me to check out "A Ring of Endless Light" and I reluctantly started reading it...and found out it was amazing! Then I read "The Small Rain" also pretty good. So I went back to library and checked out 5 more books by her. She is an amazing author and makes me want to be a writer. I wrote down a list of all her books and I am checking them off as I go...I have a lot more to read but I plan on reading them all. If you haven't read anything by her you should. Good books.

4) I'm a little OCD.
I know most of you already know this but i'm running out of random facts about me. The biggest thing effected by my OCD is my closet. ALL the hangers HAVE to be white. Not metal, wood, colored, WHITE! And all of my clothes are organized by color. Its fun to watch Jake do laundry and have to figure out what goes where in my closet, he's getting a lot better at it though. And no, I don't make his closet be in color order.....it would drive me crazy because I know he wouldn't keep it that way. I'm OCD with a lot of other things too but that is the biggest one. The weirdest is probably....the spice rack. All spices are in ABC order.

5) I love music.
Ok, not very random but I've found that for some reason people are shocked by the kind of music I listen to. (not that its like really bad music) I guess they just don't know me very well and don't think it fits my personality. Crazy but I've actually been told that a lot. I like to rock out and concerts...rock, alternative, some techno, a little hip hop, NO country!!! And the louder the better!! I think if music were a form of drug I would be addicted. I do everything while listening to music (yeah, it's on right now) I even read while listening to music.

6) Dream job.
I have a dream jobs that I doubt I will ever do. I want to be a wedding planner. I love to plan and I love weddings. I help my mom run her wedding flower business. I would have to move to another state to actually be a wedding planner because Utah is so "self-reliant" that they don't' need a wedding planner, or they just couldn't afford one. And there aren't really any wedding planning classes I can take here or a wedding planning business I could work for, unless I went to SLC maybe. However, I do know a lot about weddings and have a lot of wedding planning stuff so if you know someone getting married that needs help I am totally willing to help, for free.

I tag....Jennifer and Cece

2 comments:

Mason Family Blog :) said...

Love it! Except for the no country music part :(. That cuts me deep!! ha ha just kidding. If I wasn't married already I would let you plan my wedding!

Allyson said...

How fun....I love that you have a blog. I don't feel like I know you all that well....it is fun for me to read things like this.

And from one OCD person to another...I love it!